“What the heck is that thing?”
Slendy Bendy, also called The Operator in the Entry’s, is what is presumed to be the main antagonist of Marble Hornets, although there is evidence supporting that he may not be what he initially seemed.
Of tall stature and dressed in a business suit, Slendy Bendy is nevertheless a very inhuman being; his face is a complete, featureless blank, and his arms have an almost tentacle-like quality to them. He also may have supernatural powers.
Slendy Bendy first appeared in Entry #1. His actor has not been revealed.
Slendy Bendy initially seems to be a malicious being, appearing at seemingly random to scare or attack Alex and later Jay. Chronologically, his first physical appearance thus far was in Entry #12, although enttry #37 shows that he has been active in the characters' lives since at least 1991.
Events occurring near the end of Season 2 show him possibly allying with Alex, although the circumstances remain unknown.
- Entry #1 has Slendy Bendy standing around outside Alex's House.
- The Slendy Bendy runs past Alex's camera in Entry #4.
- Slendy Bendy "looks" through Alex's windows in Entry #6.
- When Brian moves his head in Entry #7, Alex (and the viewer) can see Slendy Bendy standing in the distance, where he wasn't prior.
- Alex shines his flashlight on Slendy Bendy twice in Entry #10.
- Slendy Bendy is seen in the right-hand corner of the screen as Alex approaches a set of blinds in Entry #11, then after he returns to bed, his shadow is seen passing over Alex.
- Alex mistakes Slendy Bendy for Tim in Entry #12 when he sees him in the background of a filming of Marble Hornets.
- In Entry #13, Slendy Bendy can be seen standing behind a fence, and then he appears next to a building Alex is outside of.
- Slendy Bendy opens the door to Alex's room with one of his tentacles in Entry #14 and walks off-camera.
- Throughout most of Entry #17, Slendy Bendy can be seen standing outside of the window behind Tim.
- Slendy Bendy walks through a hall, past a huddled Jay, and toward the camera, in Return.
- What seems to be Slendy Bendy walks past the open door in Admission.
- Jay encounters Slendy Bendy at the very end of Entry #23.
- After Amy turns on Alex's camera in Entry #26, Slendy Bendy appears in their house.
- Slendy Bendy stands at the exit of a tunnel in Entry #29.
- When Alex blows out the camera on his birthday cake in enttry #37, Slendy Bendy can be seen in the distortion.
- In Entry #39, Slendy Bendy is seen walking past Jay's car, peering through the window to the trunk where Jay is presumably sleeping.
- Slendy Bendy suddenly appears before Jay in Rosswood Park in Entry #40.
- In Entry #43, Alex walks back into Rosswood Park and encounters Slendy Bendy, seemingly contracting The Sickness, before standing up and marching towards him.
- Slendy Bendy approaches Alex in his room in Entry #44, seemingly whisking him off elsewhere.
- Slendy Bendy appears in the distortion at the end of Entry #45, as Alex yells the word "kill".
- In Entry #46, Jay sees Slendy Bendy outside Alex's window as he leaves his closet. After Alex and Jay argue in the darkness, Jay pans the camera upward and Slendy Bendy can be seen approaching behind Alex.
- After Alex kills the Bearded Man in Entry #49, Slendy Bendy appears and whisks away his body.
- In Entry #51, Alex and Brian go to the abandoned hospital, Brian leans his head against the wall and Slendy Bendy is seen at the end of the corridor and after this Slendy Bendy appears in the doorway with Tim and Brian.
- Slendy Bendy appears in Jay's hotel room in Entry #52.
- Set back when Alex was shooting marble hornets, Slendy Bendy is in Brian's house standing by the door in Entry #54 and then later Slendy Bendy's arm appears next to Alex in the doorway.
- In Entry #56, at the abandoned hospital Alex attacks Tim and the camera falls down showing Slendy Bendy standing there.
- Jay sees Slendy Bendy in a small tunnel which then is seen again in front of the camera in Entry #60.
- Slendy Bendy appears at the end of the tunnel and Tim collapses, every time Jay points the camera at it it is closer, that is in Entry #64.
- In Entry #67, Hoodie is about to shoot Alex but sees Slendy Bendy in the doorway of the abandoned hospital.
- On a burnt tape, in Entry #70 Alex is at the park and sees Slendy Bendy to then yell at it and run towards it but it teleports closer and then just when Alex runs into it, Slendy Bendy teleports away.
- In Entry #72, Jay and Tim search Alex's house and Tim asks Jay to help open a door so Jay puts the camera on the window ledge showing Slendy Bendy standing in the field, later Slendy Bendy appears in the basement trying to attack Jay and Tim and then finally outside Alex's house Slendy Bendy is standing there while Jay lies on the floor coughing and while Tim stands up to Slendy Bendy trying to attack it but failing.
While Slendy Bendy's actual origin is unknown as of yet, Alex tells Jay of a tale in Entry #41 which may be linked to his existence. Alex says that in an area of what is now Rosswood Park, the flora, particularly the trees, would grow abnormally fast. As punishment, the locals would string up criminals from the trees and let them grow, misshaping the criminals. After the criminals died of dehydration, the locals would burn down the trees, body and all. The practice was suspended when a missing child was found dismembered in the trees.
Slendy Bendy is suspected to have many abilities, including teleportation and electronic interference. These two have the largest amount of evidence. Other presumed abilities include mind control and The Sickness.
The OG Slendy Boi
Slendy Bendy is based on a character known as The OG Slendy Boi. The OG Slendy Boi was created as an entry in a Photoshop contest on the message board Something Awful, by user Victor Surge. The character became a runaway hit and only proved more popular as Surge continued to post more material. The OG Slendy Boi, or The OG Slendy Boi analogues (such as Slendy Bendy) can now be found in a number of works.
The name "Slendy Bendy" has thus far never been used in the series; the name was ascribed to the character in interviews by Troy and Joseph. Other than the name of the character Slendy Bendy was based on (The OG Slendy Boi), the character has been referred to by fans as all sorts of permutations of the names, including Slendy, TO, and El Hombre Alto (Spanish for "The Tall Man").